Position: Graphic designer
Contract: 19 months, November 2012 – April 2014
Design without Borders
Design without Borders is a development program owned and managed by The Foundation for Architecture and Design in Norway (Norsk Form). Design without Borders organizes development projects in Uganda and Guatemala, as well as internships in design companies for Ugandan designers in Norway. Design without Borders is funded by NORAD, FK Norway and Norsk Form, and is collaborating with Makerere University.
ONEZERO DESIGNBUREAU is a multi-disiplinary designbureau who works with brand identity, graphic design and interactive solutions. Established in 2001. Owned and operated by designers. We have worked with brands such as Nokia, Microsoft, Canon, Ferrari, Maserati, BMW, Alfa Romeo and many more.
The intern from Design without Borders will work closely with the rest of the
team at ONEZERO DESIGNBUREAU. Specific tasks and activities performed will be:
- Participate in creative processes and brainstorming sessions
- Making really really really great graphic design
- Participate in customer presentations and meetings
- Illustrate symbols (for logos), icons and information graphics
- Follow projects from the beginning to the end
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Higher education in graphic design
- Fluent English spoken and written
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to think outside the box
- 2-3 years of professional/commercial relevant experience from Uganda
- Interest for international culture
- Good at communicating your ideas
- Strong team player but also independent and self-driven
- Strong social skills and ability to adapt to a different culture and climate
- Creative and open minded
Application deadline: 20.05.12. Applications submitted later will not be considered. Interviews will take place in Kampala the 23rd, 24th and 25th of May 2012.
The internship is for 19 months, divided as following:
- November 5th 2012: 2 week’s preparation course, including culture course organized by FK Norway.
- November – December 2012: One month Norwegian language course in Norway
- December 2012 – March 2014: 16,5 months internship at ONEZERO, Norway
- April 2014: One month follow-up work at Makerere University, Uganda
Design without Borders covers salary, housing allowance, insurance and 1 return ticket Oslo-Uganda.
You must be Ugandan and between 22 and 35 years old to apply for this position.
You can apply for this position right here on this webpage, so gather your best designwork and either upload it directly as a pdf – or send us the link.
If you have any questions regarding this position you may ask us through our facebook page. Or if you know Ivan Barigye who stayed with us last year, give him a call.
Start-up depends on approved funding from FK Norway and Norad, and final dates for start-up and end of position may be subject to minor changes. Under equal qualifications, applicants with previous connections to Makerere University will be preferred.